Trail Rider Challenge DIY – HOSTS WANTED
If you wish to Host a Clinic please contact Kelli.
WHO: Individuals, property owners, barn managers, clubs or associations
WHAT: A Do-It-Yourself Trail Rider Challenge
WHERE: What kind of facility do I need?
- safe arena for beginning levels
- safe area, pasture or field (free of objects that could harm a horse and/or rider)
- can be out in the open or on trails
WHY: It’s fun! Great fundraiser!
Results posted on this web site. Horse and Rider teams earn points.
Only one TRC within a 60 mile radius on the same day.
TO GET STARTED AS A HOST:
Sign up at least 45 days in advance. We recommend 60 days.
- Contact Kelli to Register event
- Sign and Return TRCHostApp and pay registration fee
- Receive TRC-DIY Packet and Host Area code.
- Gather the following details and fill out event worksheet (link in host area – we will make it easy):
- location, divisions, course types, entry fees, awards offered, dress code, contact person, how to enter, how to pay. In the packet there is information about recommended entry fees and budget worksheet
- We put together a flyer and entry form. (You can if you like.) The flyer is emailed to you as a PDF and JPG. Then we post it on this web site and the Trail Rider Challenge Facebook page.
Timeline for an organized event.
Checklist for event.
Suggestions for publicity and advertising
Forms: Waivers, Score cards, Point Worksheets, Printable Rules
Instructions for planning the day, including a volunteer list.
Ideas for planning a course, including sample courses and obstacle ideas
Host Area Includes:
Awards Ideas, Resources, as well as Ribbons, Buckles, etc for sale
Discounts on items such as T-Shirts
Additional Options: Event Web Page, Printed materials